At JBS&G we care deeply about our environment and are proudly carbon neutral. As part of our ongoing sustainability efforts, we have worked with Trellis to undertake an independent audit that was able to measure our carbon footprint across the business. We have subsequently implemented a number of internal reduction programs, as well as partnering with Trace to offset our C02 emissions through climate credits and tree planting projects both within Australia and overseas.
We are proud to support the following climate credit and tree planting projects:
- Mount Sandy Conservation, Australia: A land conservation project in partnership with the traditional land owners, the Ngarrindjeri people.
- Sustainable savanna burning on Tiwi Islands, Australia: Empowering traditional land owners to manage fire risk, boosting the native biodiversity of the Tiwi Islands.
- Rimba Raya Peatlands Conservation, Indonesia: Preventing deforestation to protect biodiversity.
- Efficient cookstoves, Nepal: Clean and efficient stoves for marginalised communities.
- Generating clean wind energy, India: A cross-state initiative to generate clean energy from wind power.
- Siam Cement Biomass, Thailand: Making cement manufacturing more sustainable.
JBS&G is passionate about sustainability and doing what we can to minimise harm to our planet through our day-to-day actions, and this certification represents an exciting next step on our sustainability journey.
Find out more by visiting our Impact page.