JBS&G has a team of fully-qualified ecologists to assist the land development, mining and infrastructure sectors to undertake ecological surveys, rehabilitation and revegetation works.
With exceptional technical capabilities and project management skills, our JBS&G Ecology team offers an entire suite of ecological services to meet your specific project requirements.
The rehabiliation planning, management and monitoring services offered at JBS&G are used by land managers, land developers, local governments, state government agencies and exploration and mining industries.
Our expertise in environmental approvals and management is complemented by our Ecology team which enables us to effectively undertake on-ground baseline botanical surveys, design practical rehabilitation, manage implementation and monitoring programs and establish realistic and measurable completion criteria.
The Ecology team is highly skilled in technical and botanical services. Combined with environmental approvals and practical project management experience, we provide appropriate, location-specific and effective rehabilitation plans.
JBS&G provides a range of rehabilitation services that include strategic advice, rehabilitation design and planning, management and monitoring, agency liaison, approvals and project management. JBS&G has developed a comprehensive rehabilitation capability and service built on practical experience including:
- development of rehabilitation plans that provide practical, achievable and measurable completion criteria
- design of rehabilitation programs that provide environmental benefits to offset significant residual environmental impacts
- design and project management of revegetation programs for various landscape types (including wetland and upland vegetation restoration)
- undertaking soil assessments, seed collection and weed and erosion management
- offset site assessments
- long-term population monitoring
- fauna relocation
- on-site fauna handling.
Flora and vegetation
JBS&G has extensive approvals experience and assists clients to obtain necessary approvals to clear or remove native vegetation. This vegetation can also provide habitat for fauna and an understanding of the species present is generally required to inform impact assessments and facilitate approvals to develop or clear land.
Providing project management and strategic advice, our team works closely with clients to obtain timely environmental approvals. Our skills include:
- desktop, reconnaissance and detailed flora and vegetation surveys
- targeted threatened (rare), priority flora and weed surveys
- baseline vegetation and multi-season/year revegetation monitoring
- opportunities and constraints assessments
- wetland reclassification surveys and approval
- weed surveys and management plans
- preparation of Native Vegetation Clearing Permit applications.