Jurien Gypsum Mining
Our team provided environmental compliance management support to CSR Building Products Limited at their Jurien Gypsum Mining operations in Western Australia.
The mining operation is contained within Gypsum Lake - a Nature Reserve and Conservation Category Wetland and therefore, subject to complex and overlapping approvals and conditions administered by:
- Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (DWER)
- Office of the Environmental Protection Agency (within DWER)
- Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- Department of Biodiversity Conservation and Attractions
Our role included the coordination and undertaking of annual monitoring as directed by various approvals and consisted of:
- Aquatic invertebrates abundance and composition
- Water and soil chemistry
- Groundwater levels
- Fringing vegetation health and structure
We continue to provide environmental, technical and compliance support to CSR and undertake annual compliance monitoring of the mining operation for reporting to various state agencies. Ongoing environmental compliance is managed by our team of technical experts and coordinated by our compliance division. To date, there has been no observed adverse change in the condition of fringing vegetation or the diversity of aquatic invertebrates adjacent to the Jurien Gypsum Mine.